Many Accidents of Swallowing 「Magnet Ball」By Mistake – The Rule To Be Tighten

According to News Web Easy, a magnet ball is a magnet toy. Its size is around 3 mm to 5 mm. Children are able to play with it making various forms/shapes with a power of magnet.

The accidents of children swallowing this magnet ball by mistake have been continuing. According to the Consumer Affairs Agency , there have been 11 accidents from 2017. There was a case of the magnet ball that children swallowed stuck inside the body and that caused a hole on the internal organs.

As a result of that, the Ministry of Economic, Trade and Industry has decided to change the law and tighten the rule for making and selling of a magnet ball.

The rule to be tighten on those magnet balls which are less than 3cm sized and are dangerous of sticking inside a body because of a strong magnet power.

The Ministry of Economic, Trade and Industry is to tighten the rule from this May.

The image of magnet balls


Photo by Ann H on

About mkchatinjapanese

I am a native Japanese who teaches Japanese to non-Japanese speaker as a private tutor. Teach from a beginner to Intermediate level. location in London.
This entry was posted in A Japanese Slang, JAPANESE EVENTS, Japanese Language, JAPANESE LIFE, JAPANESE SOCIETY, TODAY'S NEW WORD and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s